Dental X-Rays and Imaging in Kansas City, MO
Picture this: a healthier, happier smile. Dental X-rays are designed to provide your dentist a comprehensive image of your mouth. This allows your dentist to discover hidden issues before they develop into serious problems.
What are Dental X-rays and Imaging?
Dental X-rays and imaging are diagnostic tools that allow dentists to see the inside of your mouth and teeth. By capturing detailed images, dental X-rays help the dentist visualize dental problems that cannot be seen with a simple oral exam, such as cavities, tooth decay, and gum disease. If an issue is caught early, it can improve treatment outcomes and chances of cure.
Who Needs Dental X-rays and Imaging?
Dental X-rays and imaging are recommended for everyone but are especially important for those who are at a higher risk of developing dental problems. This includes:
- People with a history of dental problems
- People with a history of gum disease
- People with a weak immune system
- People who smoke
- Children who are prone to tooth decay
5 Reasons for Dental X-rays
- Tooth pain or sensitivity
- Bleeding or swollen gums
- Persistent bad breath
- Visible signs of tooth decay or damage
- Changes in the appearance of your teeth or gums
Early detection of dental problems can prevent more serious issues down the line. Contact Parkville Modern Dentistry and Orthodontics today to schedule an appointment.
- According to the American Dental Association, dental X-rays and imaging are crucial in detecting and diagnosing dental problems, such as tooth decay, gum disease, and oral cancer. In fact, up to 90% of dental problems can be detected with the use of X-rays and imaging.1
- A study published in the Journal of the American Dental Association found that digital radiography, a type of dental imaging that uses electronic sensors instead of traditional X-ray film, significantly reduces patients' radiation exposure compared to traditional X-ray methods.1
80% - 90% less
Digital dental X-rays use 80% to 90% less radiation compared to
traditional dental X-ray machines
traditional dental X-ray machines
Why Choose Parkville Modern Dentistry and Orthodontics for Dental X-rays and Imaging?
At Parkville Modern Dentistry and Orthodontics, we are committed to you and your smile. Our experienced team of dental professionals use advanced, proven technology to ensure top-quality, personalized dental care. We value your experience. That’s why our team takes the time to explain the procedure, answer your questions, and provide the necessary support throughout the process. To schedule a consultation, please call at 816-746-1171.
Parkville Modern Dentistry and Orthodontics
6340 N Chatham Ave
Kansas City, MO 64151
off of I-29 & 64th St (Tom Watson Pkwy), next to the Shell Station
X-Rays and Imaging Dentist Team
At Parkville Modern Dentistry and Orthodontics in Kansas City, our dental team uses state-of-the-art technology and techniques to provide accurate and efficient dental X-rays and imaging services.
Dental X-Rays and Imaging
Ensure the health of your teeth and gums with dental X-rays and imaging. Our state-of-the-art technology allows us to see inside your mouth and diagnose any issues, providing a comprehensive and personalized treatment plan.
If you're due for a dental checkup or experiencing any dental issues, it's essential to get accurate diagnoses with dental x-rays and imaging. Contact Parkville Modern Dentistry and Orthodontics in Kansas City today to schedule your appointment with our experienced team and get the highest quality dental care.
Dental Issues That Could Require Emergency Dental Care
- Toothache or sever dental pain
- Broken or chipped tooth
- Lost or knocked out tooth
- Swelling or infection in the mouth or jaw
- A lost or losse orthodontic appliance (such as a bracket or wire)
- Trauma or injury to the moth or jaw
- Abscess or pus-filled pocket on the gums
- A broken or lost dental restoration (such as a filling or crown)
- Gum bleeding that doesn't stop
X-rays and Imaging FAQs
How often should I get dental X-rays and imaging?
The frequency of dental X-rays and imaging depends on your oral health and risk factors, but most people should get dental X-rays and imaging once a year.
Are dental X-rays and imaging safe?
Yes, dental X-rays and imaging are safe. The dose of radiation you are exposed to during the dental x-rays is extremely small. Our team at Parkville Modern Dentistry and Orthodontics takes all necessary precautions to minimize your exposure to radiation.
What should I expect during a dental X-ray or imaging procedure?
During the procedure, you will be asked to sit or lie down while the X-ray machine takes images of your mouth and teeth. The process is painless and takes only a few minutes.
How much does a dental X-ray or imaging procedure cost?
The cost of the procedure varies depending on your insurance coverage and the type of imaging required. Our team will provide you with a detailed cost estimate before the procedure.
Can dental X-rays and imaging detect oral cancer?
Yes, oral cancer can be detected in its early stages. This is why regular dental check-ups are so important.
1 Dental X-rays: Types, uses and safety. Cleveland Clinic. (n.d.). Retrieved April 14, 2023, from https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/11199-dental-x-rays